Made this for dinner last night. Substituted ground sirloin for extra lean ground turkey and used whole egg instead of just egg white. Used 1/8 cup dried parsley since I didn’t have fresh parsley on hand. DELISHHHH
Tarte Smooth Operator Amazonian Clay Tinted Moisturizer Review
I’ve been trying to ease into more “natural” makeup - no parabens, no synthetic fragrances, no petrochemicals, etc. Tarte and Korres stand out as two brands that have come out with some exceptional, eco-friendly products. As I run out of my current products, I am going to try replace my chemical-laden makeup with products from Tarte and Korres.
My skin has been *relatively* good lately and I wanted to try a foundation with less coverage than my Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua. I will still use my Vitalumiere Aqua on nights out when I want a flawless finish. I’ve always been weary of tinted moisturizers since they tend to be way to moisturizing for oily skin. After reading rave reviews on makeupalley.com, I decided to try Tarte Smooth Operator Tinted Moisturizer. Here are my thoughts:
- Gel like consistency that blends out effortlessly. I squeeze out a pea size amount and dot it all over my face and rub in with my fingertips. Fastest foundation application I’ve ever experienced.
- Evens out skin-tone but will not hide blemishes. I spot conceal after applying the foundation.
- Completely natural looking, has an undetectable luminescence that enhances the look of your skin.
- Does NOT clog pores, in fact, I think my skin has improved since using this product.
- Lasts all day without getting oily (I set with MAC Blot Powder)
Bottom Line: I LOVE IT! It is one of the best foundations I’ve ever tried behind Lancome Teint Idole Ultra (full coverage) and Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua (medium coverage). I will definitely repurchase this and can’t wait to try other Tarte products.